The A Rising Tide scholarship begins in January 2019 and will run throughout the spring semester, culminating with their final trip June 3-7, 2019.
Scholars’ experiences will be filmed and shared throughout the semester in weekly webisodes.
To apply for the scholarship, complete the online form and submit your 1-2 minute pitch video answering two or more of the questions below.
Create a 1-2 minute pitch video responding to two or more of the following questions:
What inspires you to know more about the ocean and its inhabitants?
How would this experience help you reach and/or develop your goals?
Why do you think conservation is important? Why should kids care?
What new opportunities will this experience provide?
Why should you be chosen for A Rising Tide Scholarship?
How to Apply
To apply for the A Rising Tide scholarship, upload your 1-2 minute video to YouTube, and fill out the form below. Click here for instructions on how to upload your submission to YouTube.
Terms and Conditions
By applying for A Rising Tide, LLC scholarship, you must agree to these terms:
- Unless noted otherwise, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be considered for an A Rising Tide scholarship.
- You must provide your mailing address so that we can send you paperwork to complete if you are selected as a scholarship recipient.
- You must never have participated in a TIDES program or be a certified scuba diver.
- To be awarded a scholarship, a recipient must be 13 years of age or older and enrolled in an 8–11th grade program at an accredited public or private school, or be home-schooled in the equivalent grade.
- By applying for a scholarship, applicant grants A Rising Tide, LLC permission to post their name, image, video application and other information on its website, social medial forums, or in other marketing communications. Scholar recipients waive all rights under personality, publicity, or privacy rights, including those under state or federal statutes.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a current photo and submit a publicity release.
- A Rising Tide, LLC reserves the right to change the scholarship programs at any time, including available scholarships, deadlines, requirements, award amounts or other program details.
- Scholarship winners will be contacted by FedEx or U.S. Mail within two weeks of the scholarship application deadline and may also be contacted by phone and e-mail.
- If winners do not reply by the date specified in the FedEx or U.S. Mail package, A Rising Tide, LLC reserves the right not to award the scholarship to the winner, and to award the scholarship to another applicant or to redistribute the scholarship award dollars to another scholarship.
- If awarded the scholarship, scholar will execute a Scholarship Agreement, which sets forth further terms and conditions to obtain and continue to receive the scholarship.
- Scholarships are paid directly to the company running the TIDES program and other vendors, and not to the scholar recipient.
- By applying for a scholarship, you (and, if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) release A Rising Tide, participating sponsors and any of their respective members, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the scholarship or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the scholarship (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Applicants represent that you have the right to use any material you submit as part of your scholarship application, including text, audio, video, audiovisual, html, links or other materials, and no part of the content infringes upon the copyright or any other statutory or common -law intellectual property rights (including without limitation trademark, service mark, and trade name rights), proprietary rights (including without limitation trade secrets), or rights of privacy or publicity of any third party (including A Rising Tide).
- You fully assign to A Rising Tide (to the extent such rights are vested in you) all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in any content transmitted by you as part of the scholarship application. If for some reason the foregoing assignment is ineffective, you grant to A Rising Tide a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, and to distribute, perform, transmit and display such content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such Content. Without limiting the foregoing, A Rising Tide may freely use the content without payment of any license fees to you or any third party.
- Applicants agree to indemnify and hold harmless A Rising Tide from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) incurred by A Rising Tide in connection to the content or based on A Rising Tide’s use of the content submitted by the applicant, including but not limited to any third party claims based on violations of intellectual property, publicity, or privacy rights.
- A Rising Tide is not responsible for any late, lost, misrouted, or otherwise damaged entries, including any failure of electronic hardware, software, or the Internet, as well as any losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of A Rising Tide, including any typographical error or omission in any materials relating to the scholarship.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR ELSEWHERE, A RISING TIDE, LLC MAKES THE SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. A RISING TIDE, LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND – INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR LOSS OF DATA – ARISING OUT OF THE SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER A RISING TIDE WAS ADVISED, HAD OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT KNEW OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF A RISING TIDE TO ENTRANTS, WINNERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE SUM OF THE ACTUAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD.